Norm Grant is a videographer in the CCRI Marketing and Communications Department at The Community College of Rhode Island. He oversees video production across all campuses. His duties include digital video production for marketing purposes, training and instruction. During his tenure at CCRI, Norm has received several awards for his work. He also shoots video and stills for non-profits private clients that connect with their target audience. Norm began his career as an award-winning photojournalist. His photos have appeared in publications such as the New York Daily News, Boston Globe, New England Magazine, Hartford Courant, USA Today, Sailing World and Bloomberg Finance.
He is also a documentary filmmaker and teaches CCRI communication courses as an adjunct instructor. Norm holds a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy as well as master’s degrees in Media Studies and Instructional Technology from Rhode Island College. Currently he is co-producing a documentary about The Celebrity Club, New England’s first interracial night club.
When not shooting for CCRI or freelance clients, Norm can be found on or off Southern New England waters and beyond, shooting seascapes, landscapes, travel and music photography.
• 2015 – Second Place, College Promotional Video, NCMPR
• 2014 – First Place, Television Advertising / Single Spot, Choose CCRI, 30th Annual Educational Advertising Awards, Higher Education. Marketing
• 2008 – Best Edited Video Segment or PSA, New England Association of Fire Chiefs, Rhode Island PEG Awards
• 2008 – Best Documentary, New England Association of Fire Chiefs, Rhode Island PEG Awards
• 2005 – Best Cooperative Effort with a Non Profit Group, Score, Rhode Island PEG Awards
• 1982 – Third Place Feature Photo, New England Associated Press News Executives Association
• 1979 – First Place Spot News Photo, New England Associated Press News Executives Association